Published by Ignatius Press in 2019, 448 pages
The St. Gregory’s Prayer Book is a beautifully produced leatherette prayer book compiled by the Ordinariates established by Pope Benedict XVI and drawing on the riches of the Anglican liturgical heritage and the exquisite Cranmerian language of the Book of Common Prayer to further enrich the panoply of Catholic liturgy and devotion.
The text includes ancient English collects, introits and hymns available together for the first time for the whole Church as approved examples of Catholic liturgy. In addition to the Liturgical texts, classic translations of traditional prayers and devotions for use in the Church and in the home have been lovingly compiled and edited in St. Gregory’s Prayer Book.
This lovely book of prayers is user friendly and accessible to Catholic faithful with a love of beautiful language and in search for supplementary resources for their prayer life that are both new and at the same time respectful of Church tradition. With gold blocking on cover and spine, and a silk ribbon marker.
1. An Outline of Duties of the Christian Life
2. Common Forms of Prayer & Professions of Faith
3. Various Prayers & Intercessions
4. Devotions for Days of the Week & Hours of the Day
5. Devotions for the Morning
6. Devotions for Midday
7. Devotions for the Evening
8. A Selection of Psalms
9. Divine Worship Collects
10. Devotions for the Church Year
11. Penitential Devotions & the Sacrament of Penance
12. Devotions for Holy Communion: Prayers Before & After Mass
13. Prayers at Mass: People’s Order of Mass – Divine Worship: The Missal
14. Eucharistic Devotions & Visits to the Blessed Sacrament
15. Devotions to the Holy Trinity
16. Devotions to Our Lord Jesus Christ
17. Devotions to the Holy Spirit
18. Devotions to the Blessed Virgin Mary
19. Devotions to the Saints & Angels
20. Devotions for the Sanctification of Sickness & Death
21. Devotions for the Faithful Departed
22. Prayers for Various Occasions & Intentions
23. Emergency Baptism
Font: Garamond. Font size: 11 point headings and 9 point body text.